There are lots of memories inside our minds – sometimes we just need a little nudge to coax them out.
What are the First Five things that come to mind when you see this:
1. Fall Chili Cook-offs. I’ve been to a few and I’ve enjoyed the Chili – though I’ve never actually made chili for a cook off.
2. When I was a kid I felt like I saw a million old westerns (they were on TV every Saturday) and there seemed to always be a guy named “Cookie” who made chili.
3. My favorite Chili (which I can’t buy now that I live on the east coast) is Nally brand Chili.
4. My Sister-in-law used to always have the canned Nally chili in her pantry. It was the dish I most frequently served to her kids when I was baby sitting.
5. When we are traveling (especially on long road trips) I am grateful to have the option of Wendy’s – where I can get a cup of chili and a baked potato or a salad (instead of something fried in grease).