What do you remember about childhood water play?
1. Home made slip-n-slides. We’d find a long sheet of plastic and run the hose on it. (One of my fondest summer memories.)
2. Running through the Sprinklers.
3. Bath time – we’d stay in the bath tub until our fingers and toes were all wrinkled.
4. The Park Wading Pools – a shallow pool (the deepest part was just a couple of feet deep). It was a great way to cool off if we couldn’t go to the big city pool.
The wading pools looked just like this one (above) – The water sprayed out of the metal post in the center. It was fun to be there when they had the water turned on.
5. The River – on a more special occasion Mom & Dad would take us to the river or to the ocean for the day.