My last living grand parent passed away when I was 2 years old. I never knew what it was like to have a grandma, but I LOVED…
My Aunt Jane
Memories of My Aunt:
1. The paintings – My aunt Jane was a talented artist. We had a couple of her oil paintings that hung prominently in our home. My mom was obviously proud of her sister's talent.
2. Staying at Aunt Jane's house – When my sister and I were young my mom had a stroke and was very sick. My aunt came and got my sister and I and took care of us for awhile to help my mom while she recovered.
3. Aunt Jane's Dog - Over the years Aunt Jane had a few – but, they all looked the same.
My brother holding Aunt Jane's Dog.
4. Vacation with Aunt Jane - We did take many vacations and this is the only time I remember going on one with Aunt Jane.
5. Crawling through Aunt Jane's dog door. Once we went for a walk while we were visiting at Aunt Jane's house. When we got back to her house the door was locked and she didn't have the key. No problem, I was small and skinny.
Do you have a grandparent, aunt or uncle who holds a special place in your heart? Add your list of memories to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.