present 1 |ˈprezənt|
1 [ predic. ] (of a person) in a particular place : a doctor must be present at the ringside | the speech caused embarrassment to all those present.
• (often present in) (of a thing) existing or occurring in a place or thing : organic molecules are present in comets.
2 [ attrib. ] existing or occurring now : she did not expect to find herself in her present situation.
• now being considered or discussed : the present article cannot answer every question.
• Grammar (of a tense or participle) expressing an action now going on or habitually performed or a condition now existing.
Combine the above two definitions for present and I guess it would mean "occurring now, in a particular place."
In the present I am…
1. Sitting in my office on a comfortable "office type" chair that Kevin bought for me several years ago (for my birthday.)
2. I am thinking "way to make a girl swoon – buy her a birthday gift that is tax deductible!" LOL. (A few years later I bought him chairs for his office for Father's Day.)
3. I can hear birds chirping outside my window over the hum of my computer. (The kids are still sound asleep.)
4. I can see an Ansel Adams calendar hanging on the wall beside my computer. (One of my traditional Christmas gifts – I have always loved his work.)
5. My glasses are sitting on the desk because I don't need them to see the monitor clearly.
6. I am writing this blog post and preparing to click the SAVE button (after I hit the spell check!). 🙂
What does your PRESENT look like? Add your list to our Life.in.Lists. comments to be entered in our weekly drawing.