My favorite fictitious couple is…
Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. I can relate to their story.
1. Elizabeth had a big "crazy" family (not so different from my own.)
2. Elizabeth didn't have a good first impression of Mr. Darcy. (He made a lot of girls swoon with his southern accent; but, I was not exactly excited about Kevin when he and I first met.)
3. Elizabeth didn't trust Mr. Darcy's motives. I was suspicious of Kevin's intentions.
4. Mr. Darcy, going against the judgement of his family/friends loved Elizabeth. Kevin's roommates told him he should give it up – I obviously wasn't interested in him. But, he didn't heed their council.
5. Mr. Darcy continued to do "acts of great kindness" for Elizabeth – even after she told him to "get lost." Kevin was kind and thoughtful – surprising me with notes of encouragement, flowers, and gifts – even though I told him I didn't have any interest in him beyond friendship.
6. Elizabeth came to realize that she was wrong about Mr. Darcy. I realized that Kevin wasn't – at all – the person I judged him to be when we first met.
7. Mr. Darcy won Elizabeth's heart. As much as I tried to resist, I couldn't help falling for Kevin – he won my heart too.
Who is your favorite fictional romance couple? WHY? Add your list to our comments and be entered in our weekly snapncrop.com drawing. Aren't sure how to leave a comment/List? Click here for the details.