What I "HEART" about my job
My best friend and I both enjoy our jobs.
My best friend works as a supervisor at Costco. She has a lot of opportunity for advancement and seems to enjoy her co-workers. She has scheduled work hours and scheduled vacation time. She also gets a pay check on schedule.
In contrast, I am a small business owner. There is no room for advancement – I'm the "lead dog." I work at home – so my kids and Kevin are the co-workers around here. (I do get to chat with Sonya, Helen, and Rhonda when I make a trip to the office.) I don't have a work schedule – which means I work all hours of the day and night. I don't get paid on a schedule.
So, with no opportunity for advancement, limited social opportunities, a crazy work schedule, and no paycheck what is there to like about my job?
Things I love about my job:
1. I get to talk about and do things I love. (Save memories, design, & take pictures.)
2. I set my own work schedule – mostly, sort of. 🙂
3. I can work at home. (Wanting to be there to enjoy "every minute" with my kids is the reason I chose to be a "freelance designer" and eventually started a business vs getting a job at a design agency.)
4. I get to decide how to spend my time. I can do laundry, sweep the floor, make sandwiches, etc. between designing new products, page samples, and blog posts. 🙂
5. It is wonderful to see so many people enjoying the Mosaic Moments System, something I had a hand in developing.
What is your job – what do you love about it? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.