Out of Place
Do you ever wonder how things got where they are?
1. There's a plastic candy cane in the pencil holder on my desk – I have no idea what it is doing in there. (It really should be packed away with the Christmas tree ornaments.)
2. Inside that same pencil holder I found a ping pong ball and a measuring tape. I have no idea how those ended up in there!
3. Once I found a slice of dried up pizza sandwiched between the cushions on our couch – I was not happy!
4. A few weeks ago I went to get a drink of water and found tiny ants in my cup – a group of them decided it would be a good idea to climb into the water/ice dispenser on my refrigerator. (I am pretty sure they had regrets about that decision.)
5. I have to admit, when I am driving along the freeway and I see a shoe on the side of the road, I wonder how it got there. Was the owner of the shoe driving with their foot out the window when suddenly it (the shoe) fell off?
6. A bird built a nest in our rain gutter – I am not sure why it thought that was a good location. It laid eggs; but, they never hatched.
7. We purchased a used mini-van many years ago. There was a quarter stuck inside the air conditioner vent. A few years later we traded in the van for a newer mini-van. I wonder if the quarter is still in the vent or if the new owner was more clever and got it out.
Is something in your life "OUT OF PLACE"? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.