Recently I heard a report that a town in the US was planning to implement a $20 fine for swearing in public. I am not a fan of cursing and I really hate being subjected to it while I am in a public settings (like riding airport shuttles) with my kids, but, this seems completely unrealistic to me. What are they going to do hire police to stand around listening to people? I guess we all have things we wish we could filter in our lives.
5 Things I filter (Or try to filter) in my life:
1. Movies – I stay clear of R ratings and PG 13 movies that claim excessive profanity, violence, drugs or sexual content.
2. Calories – this is one of the hardest as everything seems to be loaded with sugar (and I love stuff loaded with sugar!)
3. Music – I try to stay clear of things I wouldn't want my children listening to.
4. My camera – I add a UV filter to my lens. (Occasionally I use specialty filters too.)
5. My conversations – I try to keep my conversations age appropriate and subject friendly. (Though my teen daughter often protests the subjects I bring up with her.)
Do you filter? Add your list to our comments to be entered in our snapncrop.com drawing. Aren't sure how to leave a comment/List? Click here for the details.