There are lots of memories inside our minds – sometimes we just need a little nudge to coax them out.
What are the First Five things that come to mind when you see this:
1. One day I am actually going to buy some pumpkins and carve something cute out of them – but, in the mean time, I need to put new light bulbs in my plug in jack-o-lanterns. 🙂
2. When I was in 5th grade we lived in a house at the top of a hill with no other houses around. (We’d moved into the house after living in the city.) My parents bought plenty candy to pass out; but, no one came to our door.
3. continued from #2: It was a long way to go to other houses, so I dressed in a costume and rang our own door bell. Then, I went inside, changed to a new costume, went out the backdoor, walked around to the front and rang our door bell again. I did this a few times before my parents made me stop.
4. Even though no children came up our long drive way to trick or treat, some (I am guessing older kids/teens) managed to make it up the driveway to smash our pumpkins.
5. My mom grew a few pumpkins in the same field my Dad planted corn. (Most of them were stolen just before Halloween.)