Add a little "comfort" to your pages!
Jaime, a good friend, sent me some photos of her family at a petting zoo in Utah. The photos reminded me of county fairs. When I lived in the west I loved to go to the county fair and look at the displays of home made pies, prize pigs, and hand made quilts. (Our home county doesn't have a fair grounds or a big county fair; so, we haven't been to a fair since we moved to Williamsburg.)
I decided to add a simple border that would help convey that "country" life style on my scrapbook page. I cut several 1 inch squares out of patterned paper and then cut several of them at a 45 degree angle. Then I "patched" them together to create a new square. (See detail image below.)
Things I enjoyed about the County Fair:
1. The animal exhibits – especially the rabbits and the chickens.
2. The art and photography by local artists.
3. The quilts and needle point.
4. The vendors – there was always some interesting new gadget for sale.
5. Fried Foods – especially elephant ears (YUM!).
6. The atmosphere – Walking around watching people have a good time.
Have you been to a county fair? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our snapncrop.com drawing.