Signs of Spring at the Potter House
1. Every spring I buy more jumbo sized pots. ( I purchase my pots at Costco/Sams Club – they are about 1/2 the price as the same size at Lowes or Home depot – but they are only available in the spring.)
2. Once Kevin has drilled a hole in the bottom, I fill the pots – I put a few rocks in the bottom for drainage and then fill with potting soil.
3. This year I decided to experiment with growing cucumbers in pots. I started the plants from seeds several weeks ago.
4. Cucumbers spread out and can take a lot of space in a traditional garden. My hope is, the cucumbers will grow up the trellis I've placed in the pots. (I'll let you know how it goes.)
5. I am always excited to see something come back that wasn't expected like this Snapdragon. (Snapdragon is considered an annual but if you let it seed it can return.)
7. Another exciting development in this years garden – the presence of my daughter Alexis. She's decided she wants to grow her own flowers.
8. Cole is a great help with watering the flowers after we plant them. Of course he gets a little distracted sometimes. (After the flowers were watered he created a puddle to play in.)
9. I take pictures of my favorite tree every spring when it is in bloom. I Have a lot of shots that look very similar to this:
What are the signs of spring at your house? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.