1. Everyone faces big challenges in their lives – I am always a little humbled as I get to know people, especially those who from a distance seemed to have "the perfect life." Without exception, life brings hardship, challenges, suffering…
2. I don't hate mushrooms – When I was a child I would not eat anything that included even the smallest bits of mushroom. As an adult, I am not a big fan of fresh mushrooms on pizza or in my salad; however, I really like well cooked (sauteed or stuffed) mushrooms.
3. You really do get what you pay for. Spending extra to get higher thread count sheets, for example. Totally worth it.
4. I don't like to argue or listen to others argue. I grew up with 5 antagonistic brothers who loved to argue about sports – and other things. (One of the blessing of having my children 7 years apart – they rarely argue.)
5. Men are from Mars. They don't think like women and they don't understand how women think; but, that doesn't mean they don't try.
Add your list of "realizations" to our comments, for a chance to win our weekly drawing.