When preserving a memory it can be helpful to think like a reporter and list the 5 W's and the H (facts): who, what, when, where, why and how.
My first "Crush" Report
1. Who – A boy who came to our house with his sister that summer to ride their horse. (My dad boarded horses in the fields around our home.)
2. What – We climbed trees and explored the fields, ponds, and barns together.
3. When – Age: 10-11
4. Where – The corn fields, the pond, in the bales of hay that were stacked in the barn…
5. Why – He was a fun summer playmate and when school started he was nice to me on the playground.
6. How – A few years later he caught a moment alone with me and gave me my first kiss while we were attending a church youth activity.
Do you remember your first crush? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.