Planning to stay in Love
Experts agree that **married couples need to continue their courtship via a weekly "Date Night." It isn't always an easy thing to follow that advice. Kevin and I often turn "date night" into trips to the grocery store (mostly due to lack of planning any other activity – we end up at Costco by default.)
Realizing that planning is often part of the fun, I decided it was time to make a list of Date Night ideas.
Things to do on Date Night (or Date Day):
1. Make bread or cinnamon rolls from scratch.
2. Do a small project – like sand and paint Cole's playroom table.
3. Take a nature walk or bike ride together.
4. Go kite flying along the James or York river.
5. Dig out the binoculars and Go bird watching.
6. Go to a driving range to hit golf balls.
7. Go to a community performance.
8. Play scrabble or another board game (make up new rules.)
9. Play Wii.
10. Wash the car together.
11. Take an evening class together.
12. Plan a picnic.
13. Go to a museum.
14. Try a new restaurant together.
15. Watch the fireworks from the parking lot at Busch Gardens. (Summer activity.)
16. Go to an auction.
17. Find a good spot to go star gazing on a clear night. Eat dessert under the stars.
18. Go to the Farmers Market.
19. Pick Fruit at a local orchard.
20. Ride the ferry and feed the seagulls.
I could go on – but 20 dates is a good start.
How about you? What are some fun dates you'd like to plan for this year? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.
**Not married or in a relationship – don't count yourself out – add your list of plans for "friends night out."