What do you remembering doing on those Hot Summer Days?
My siblings and I went to the city pool on hot summer days:
1. The pool was located at a local high school.
2. We walked several city blocks to get to the pool (no adults.)
3. There was a tall cinder block wall around the pool so you couldn’t see the pool from outside.
4. Before getting into the pool we were required to shower and wear a swimming cap.
5. There were two pools side by side – the shallow pool (down to about 3-5 feet) and the deep pool (up to 8 feet) that had a diving board.
6. You had to pass a swimming test to be allowed into the deep side of the pool. The test was to swim the length of the pool. I tried once but I didn’t make it.
7. My favorite pool activity was doing flips under the water.
8. A child was allowed to be at the pool without adult supervision as long as they were at least 8 years old.