I met my best childhood friend in first grade.
1. Her name was Linda.
2. I never forgot her middle name because it was the same as my favorite aunt's name, Jane.
3. She's a twin.
4. Her mother often dressed her and her twin in matching outfits. One would wear a red version and the other blue.
5. She lived on the same street I lived.
6. We played after school together – almost every day – and all through the summer.
7. We were assigned the same teacher every year from 1st grade – 4th grade (until I moved away.)
8. Her family had a black dog named Peyote. One year, Peyote had puppies, a very large litter. (Later they had her spayed.)
9. Linda & Laura, her twin, were the youngest of 6 – all girls. Most of their sisters were older and had all ready moved out of the house.
10. Their mom worked at a department store, I think it might have been Montgomery Wards.
11. They had shelves filled with National Geographic magazines in their basement. I loved to look at all the pictures.
12. We wrote letters for a couple of years after I moved and I went back to visit once; but, I lost track of them after that.
What do you remember about your childhood friends? Add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.