St. Patrick’s Holiday
As a kid I thought St Patrick’s Day was a Fun Holiday. Teachers at school would display pots of gold with rainbows and read stories about leprechauns. Everyone was careful to wear green that day – so they would not suffer from being pinched by all their friends. Everyone wanted to be Irish on that day.
As a parent it is a good excuse to make a fun day for my kids. I have seen some great ideas for St. Patrick’s Day posted by friends on Pinterest.
1. Fun ideas like “taste the rainbow jello” from Glorious Treats.
2. Rainbow Licorice favors from Create My Event.
3. Rainbow cupcakes – (I could not find the original source for this – it seems to have been added to Pinterest via Tumblr.)
and one of my personal favorites…
4. The quick and easy “Rainbow Fruit Skewers” as seen on OC Family
and of course the all time favorite SUPER EASY St Patrick’s day breakfast….
5. Lucky Charms!
and if you just don’t have time for anything else you can always…
6. Bring your kids/grand-kids a bag of Skittles so they can “taste the rainbow” on St. Patty’s day!
Short on time this week so I have to admit I went for the easy stuff: Lucky Charms, Skittles and green ice cream (chocolate chip mint.)
Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? add your list to our comments for a chance to win our weekly drawing.